1 Esdras 4:35. Is he not great that maketh these things? therefore great is the truth, and stronger than all things.
36. All the earth crieth upon the truth, and the heaven blesseth it: all works shake and tremble at it, and with it is no unrighteous thing.
37. Wine is wicked, the king is wicked, women are wicked, all the children of men are wicked, and such are all their wicked works; and there is no truth in them; in their unrighteousness also they shall perish.
38. As for the truth, it endureth, and is always strong; it liveth and conquereth for evermore.
39. With her there is no accepting of persons or rewards; but she doeth the things that are just, and refraineth from all unjust and wicked things; and all men do well like of her works.
40. Neither in her judgment is any unrighteousness; and she is the strength, kingdom, power, and majesty, of all ages. Blessed be the God of truth.
41. And with that he held his peace. And all the people then shouted, and said, Great is Truth, and mighty above all things.